Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259D 2014 Aux Hydraulics

Dantran1010 · 2021-10-08 08:41

I am picking up a low hour (1100) 2014 Cat 259D this upcoming week and trying to get in to the operation. Two questions, what is the center aux port for in the picture attached? Secondly how are the auxiliary ports operated, the right hand scroll knob? I know there is a switch up above for continuous flow hydraulics but being new to caterpillar just to see the scroll instead of push buttons didn’t make sense. Please clue me in! Tia!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-10-08 10:52

    The first thing I would suggest you get hold of (if there isn't one in the pocket in the back side of the operator's seat) is an Operation & Maintenance Manual. It will answer all of your questions above and far more besides. New they list @ $110 (CD/download) or $130 (paper). Here's a used one going for half that. https://www.ebay.com/itm/303416794616 Always a good idea to include the machine Serial Number with any questions. It's the key to accessing data in the Cat system.

  2. #2Dantran10102021-10-08 11:22

    I didn’t pick the machine up yet, just trying to get knowledge in advance. Hoping there is in fact a manual in the seat… And I will take your advice and include the serial number moving forward! S/N FTL02385

  3. #3Nige2021-10-08 11:26

    Hopefully someone else will be able to help you. If I get chance I’ll have a look in the online manual for the info you asked for.