how do you like it? ride better than the 95? quieter than the 95? cleaner inside than 95? how are the hydros? any quieter ?
What all is different?
I have the service manual very similar to 95 cant say how it compares
that is exactly what I was wondering, near as I can tell its a lipstick attempt at making a machine with a new label on the side - no different in noise, no cab changes, same AC/filter issues, I did get out of them they changed the DEF sensor ( bosch ) updates/changes to keep them from failing so often due to the gasses and corrosion. No chg in cab sealing or noise abatement, same noisy cab with dusty rattly door, no different hydro motors for less noise. No change in ride controls/chassis. Same engine, same hp rating, same specs all the way around when you pull up the compare model of 95-2 to 97-2 gheee wizzz I thot they did something new? they did put a locking door on the def compartment to keep rentals from getting damaged from people putting diesel in vs def. still have to pull up the floor plate to check levels of certain things - not very convenient in all fairness I am only comparing to a cat as I have not used a bobcat or deere which are the only other two I would consider for my works I have heard the bobcat are easier to check things not sure about the deere The cat was very easy i thot and easy to clean out filters and coolers/etc..... I will be using a 95-2 for some more work here soon and putting some good time in the seat on one but wondered if there were any REAL WORLD changes that made sense
The 97-2 is replacing the 95-2s it's not a bigger machine it's the replacement with a few new bells and whistles. Standard backup camera telematics and a new load sense system. What are you checking under the floor plate?
Wonder when the -3 will happen?
Somewhat relevant: I have been hemming and hawing between a Kubota SVL75 and a Vermeer CTX160...
That's two different machine categories. I guess it depends what you'll use the machine for mostly.
Yes, use for lots of things, but mostly a toy. I'd do the skid steer all day EXCEPT I can tow the Vermeer down the road and no one will look at it twice (DOT man). I don't have a CDL.
Lol. You don’t need a cdl to haul a svl75, and especially if it’s just a toy.
As I understand the law in FL, when I have an F-350 and trailer that can exceed 26k, I need a cdl whether I have 26k or not. Of course, that doesn't apply if I am towing an RV. They apparently have some sort of fancy AI safety systems we aren't aware of .
Your gvwr of the truck and trailer can not exceed 26k. You must have bought a heavy trailer. Over 14k or 16k gvwr?
My point was that you don’t need a cdl to pull an svl75 for business, unless like op you have too much truck/trailer. My truck is a f350 srw with 11500 gvwr, and my trailer is a 14900 gvwr but I derated to 14500 when I bought it. Now, op said it’s just a toy. If he is not making money operating a business he can pull whatever he wants.
Ah, yes, I had a 26k gooseneck dump trailer before. I guess I would be ok with a 11k car hauler trailer.
11k is that the trailer weight or capacity? That would be super heavy for a tow behind. I have a 30’ gooseneck with tandem dual wheel axles and a hydraulic tail. It’s 22k trailer. It’s very heavy and weighs about 7-8k. Has about a 14k capacity
11k as in tandem 5.5k axles... My gooseneck dump 26k weighed about 12k
It's not how much the trailer weighs. What matters is the truck and trailer gvwr ratings. The two combined cant exceed 26k.
yes, so the f350 and 11k trailer make me not need a CDL.... thanks! Guess I can buy that 75 now and skip the vermeer. I did like the idea of having a/c anyway.
Exactly, I think that is one of the misunderstood DOT rules.
I'm holding out trading in our 95 for the redesign svl 120???? So I've herd..
There don't seem to be big changes nowadays with track loaders or skidsteers.