Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259d

djack95 · 2021-12-23 07:41

Hi all, I’m getting a 3251-3 code and I followed the troubleshoot pdf someone posted here earlier and it seems I have a problem in the harness. I know I’m looking for pin 36 on the j2/p2 connector but I can’t tell which plug that would be. Does anyone have a pinout for this ecm? cat0259djftl04936 ecm 112500-1090

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632021-12-23 08:49

    One side of the connector usually has very little numbers in the mold. You may not see them without some reading glasses. EDIT......I see you meant to identify which connector now. My bad!

  2. #2Nige2021-12-23 09:25

    You can identify connectors J1 & J2 if you have an electrical schematic. It's simply a case of finding specific wire numbers & colours. If you don't have a schematic I can send you one. This method will also work if you know what wire colour & number you're looking for. The numbers on the back side of the wiring harness connectors are VERY small.

  3. #3djack952021-12-23 10:44

    I’d appreciate a schematic if you can send me one!

  4. #4Nige2021-12-23 13:13

    On its way. Check your messages.

  5. #5djack952021-12-23 17:08

    Thanks a ton nige!