I was having issues with my EGR valve, so I removed it and plugged all the hoses and blocked the exhaust ports. It was a mechanical or vacuum system and no electrical anywhere. My local cat tech was working on if, and noticed the removal of the valve. He didn't seem to care, except that he was concerned about the motors longevity. He mentioned that that the egr removal may cause the motor to over fuel and over time cause piston failure. Has anyone heard of this? I've never reprogrammed anything. Machine is a 2015 with a 3.3 kubota.
EGR is used to lower the temp inside the combustion chamber so that less nox gases are created during combustion. If anything you should get more life out of your engine because you are not feeding the engine it's own ****. So long as this engine is not T4I or T4final it should not cause a problem.
I'm not 100% sure if.its t4 or t4i. It definitely seems to work just fine with the egr off and the coolant temp seems normal as well.
Does it need parked regeneration or take def fluid. If the answer is no then you will be okay.
None of those are required. Thank you sir.