Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259d engine ecu flash file

Highway 6 Repair · 2024-12-16 18:37

I am needing to flash a new ecm and was hoping that someone here could help me out that has access to Sis. The current ecm will not power up had a short and killed the control unit. I would be willing to pay if needed also. I just figured i would ask here before going to the dealer and paying them. Thanks guys! Serial number is FTL13568

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-12-16 18:54

    Flash files are only available from the dealer I’m afraid. Also it requires a dealer version of ET to do the Winflash (upload) process, the Customer version does not have that facility.

  2. #2Highway 6 Repair2024-12-16 19:04

    ok got it. we are capable of flashing it just didn't have the file. I appreciate your help.

  3. #3ahart2024-12-16 19:48

    Kubota ECMs require a different program to flash them…do you have it? It’s called ERT…

  4. #4Highway 6 Repair2024-12-20 09:54

    I got a new ecm from the dealer and they come preprogrammed for those engines in case anyone else is in need. Not cheap but not much is anymore. Thanks

  5. #5Nige2024-12-20 10:54

    A bit late now but you would probably have got a far keener price for a replacement ECM from a Kubota engine dealer seeing as Kubota builds the engines installed in the D Series machines.