Greetings all ! Recently purchased this machine and the two torsion axle grease zerks dont take grease. On both sides. What i have tried -The rejuvenator tool. The hydraulic porta pump (4 ton). Lifting and moving it. Removed the zerks and cleaned the channels. What i am yet to try. Heat and soaking the ports with penetrating oil. My question for community or anyone who knows the exact path of those channels is : Are the grease channels within the axle shaft then have port holes up and down into the sleave bushing/bearing ? Is it possible that the sleeve has shifted and grease just cant even penetrate through ? Somehow ? Second question : Would it help if i remove the plate that holds the axle to the sleave ? if i do that would that mean my undercarriage could come off a bit and not be able to bolt back ? Any input is appreciated.
Have you tried a manual pump grease gun? I only ask because I have tried all of what you did on my lower ball joints on my F550 and my buddy was like hey try this and I will be damned if it didn't pump right in with a touch of effort
Yeah that was actually how I found out. However maybe my gun is not a good quality type. I might try a brand name type that is rated for 10k psi plus.
I have a DeWalt 18v and a Ridgid 18v. I tried those first and Grease just oozed out around the nipple. I have had the had pump forever it is probably a cheap one from harbor freight or the auto parts store. Have you tried air in the hole where the grease were or pressure aided diesel or penetrating oil
Get an Alemite 500 grease gun. I prefer these over battery powered guns. They put out better pressure, deliver plenty of grease each pump, self prime, don't leak, and eject the grease cartridge every single time. Plus the battery never wears out.
I removed the plate you show in the diagram with no problems. Removed the zerks; used small picks, etc....I could see the ancient grease (it had actually turned into a 'type' of stretchy rubber). Tried significant heat, etc to no avail... Just could not access fully the super hardened/stretchy grease. I prefer a Lincoln long lever grease gun (try a brand new tip). I suspect the only proper solution is to pull the track frames off.... We sold the machine shortly after; as in your case, (2) of the torsion axles took grease. The previous owner likely never greased the torsion axels! This was on an ASV RC-50. Good luck! ----sorry, on edit just realized yours is a 259 (was thinking --7 series)----
Going to check that out!