Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259D track replacement

Douglascr · 2023-06-28 17:14

Hi! New to group. I have a 2017 Cat 259D that needs tracks replaced. Quoted them at Cat but wondering if anyone recommends buying them through somewhere else? Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1ahart2023-07-02 10:35

    We source many of ours through a local tire shop. Here’s another source: https://store.boydandsonsmachinery.com/

  2. #292U 34062023-07-02 12:12

    You can get them aftermarket for less than Cat. Can't remember what brand they'd buy but they got decent service life out of them.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-07-03 18:13

    Do a search on here. I remember reading a few posts on track replacement and different brands durability. Probably better response in the CTL forum.

  4. #4LRB452023-07-05 13:26

    Got my set from HERE for 2200 for the set. Not sure how it compares to CAT but it was the best price I could find back in February.