Hello everyone. I’m looking for some guidance on a precarious situation with the pictured machine. It currently has an attachment that looks like a cut big tire used to push manure. It’s a newer attachment to us and haven’t figured out a good system of getting in and out because the door doesn’t open with it all the way down. So far we just disconnect and pull away from it each time we get in and out. But someone got lazy and just raised it up and got out. Needless to say hydraulics sagged and when they came back to it the glass door is blocked. It has an escape hatch window in the back but the pull string is on the inside. I haven’t seen it in person yet but it’s my project first thing tomorrow and was hoping someone here may have some insight on how to get back inside. Thanks in advance!
Might be able to slide a floor jack underneath and raise the machine up again. Or are you saying somebody climbed out underneath a raised attachment? In that case would possibly have to loosen a hose and let the loader down, and also jack the front up. Unless it's possible to open the door far enough to reach the quick release handles?
if you can open the door slightly and use something to turn the emergency release handles on the hinges you can pop the door off, in my experience it helps to have two people when you go to put it back on
I was thinking the same thing. If an attachment is going to be left raised at least install the safety prop on the lift arms.
"betting your life on an o-ring"
People have been fired (or died) for less............ I must remind myself to quit asking "how stupid can people get.?" They seem to be taking it as a challenge.
It would help if you showed a pic. of the actual attachment. If it's used to clean barns maybe the simplest solution is the easiest, take the door off when using it. I hate having the door on if it's not needed or the weather isn't freezing. Getting in and out of a skid steer or CTL is awkward enough without having to worry about a bloody door. If it's a little chilly the heater in my skid steer takes the chill off even without the door.
Thanks for the responses! I ended up pulling the hinge bolts and was able to sneak in.
Things like this make me wonder why more companies haven't adopted the door like Kubota has. I think either Mustang or Gehl have a similar design. It alleviates this problem.
Some attachments are just much better without the door on. It's nice to be able to easily remove the door too. For entry JCB has the best option but I don't think the rest of machine has a lot of fans.