Cat 262B. I replaced the right hand pilot valves by removing the joystick and plug. Reassembled and machine ran fine and would move and operate. Noticed aux hydraulic would not come on. After inspecting I Found a broken white wire coming from Rh pilot solenoid, I spliced with a good connector. Now machine engine will run but I have no hydraulics to move or use bucket. Weird but the instrument lights don’t work now as well, Any suggestions? I’m ready to sell this thing as is…lol
Have you tried un-splicing the wire.? Have someone look at the cooling fan when you start the engine. Does it start turning immediately.?
I did re-splice. I’ll check the fan in the morning. If that solenoid is bad would it cause it to go in a limp mode?
Checked the fan and it does engage
Separate that white wire that you spliced and try again. I was thinking that the pump coupling may have failed but the fact that the fan starts up is proof that it is good.
That is the solenoid for the implement pilot lockout. Unless it energizes you will have no implements. Can you measure the voltage between the orange and the white wires with the implement lockout switch in the "Activate" position.?
Could it be this solenoid, okay so who ever replace the solenoid last time place another crimp further down the line. No I got the hydraulics back but the hydraulics for the implements isn’t working. I’m guessing the switch on the joy stick could be bad.
Why not do some testing and remove all the guesswork.? That makes no sense to me I'm afraid. By "hydraulics" do you mean the hydrostatic drive system.?
Did you get any further with this.? Did you test the resistance of the coil on the implement pilot lockout solenoid valve.?
Supposed to be 10 ± 0.5 ohms according to the data.
I have troubleshot the basics, but trying to figure out where everything is located isnt clear in the manual I have. After talking with the original customer, the RH stick was replaced with another style which has the thumbwheels. And, after talking with Cat, the original Joy stick was a 2 button. Cat no longer has any technicians that support these older models. Is it possible to jumper the wire to trigger the solenoid? I am now trying find the original RH Stick. my sn#PDT02375
Certainly. All you need to apply is battery voltage and ground to the two wires of the solenoid. IIRC all that is needed for the joystick replacement to work is for someone with Cat ET to change the "RH joystick" parameter in the ECM Configuration screen from "switch to ground (aka push button)" to "thumbwheel". See the example below from a 226B. There is a drop down menu for that parameter showing all the available options. That's BS in my opinion.