Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 262C Controls – Levers below armrests?

Kedemon ยท 2022-12-01 14:38

Hello! Just bought a CAT 262C (SN# MST00878) and was left wondering about the function of the two levers located just below the right and left armrests. I searched the Operator's Manual, the Service Repairs Manual, and the Internet without any success. Thanks for your help

Replies5
  1. #1Cmark2022-12-01 15:18

    There's nothing specific in the OMM but it looks like they are locks to allow the armrests to slide front to back.

  2. #2Kedemon2022-12-01 19:31

    I'll give it a try. Thanks

  3. #3Kedemon2022-12-01 19:36

    The machine is high flow with second auxiliary hydraulic. Using the OMM, I was able to figure out the purpose of the several hydraulic connections on the machine but one. What is the function of the connection located below the electrical socket between the secondary auxiliary connectors? Is it a low pressure or overflow return of sort? Thanks

  4. #4heymccall2022-12-01 20:00

    The 5th connection is a "case drain" for use with with attachments that require them. It simply goes to the hydraulic tank.

  5. #5Kedemon2022-12-02 11:01

    Kind of what I suspected. Thanks for your help.