Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 262D-Fuel Pump Pressurizing Error Code 1347-4

benjam1nrk · 2022-09-15 14:47

I am receiving the following error code from my Cat 262D skidsteer. Initial error occurred without any provocation, and has not gone off since first activated on screen. The code for search-ability purposes is (with image denoted displayed code attached) Engine will start up without any hesitation, runs for a few moments, and shuts off. Error code is displayed the entire time from engine start to forced shutdown shutdown. I went through the standard diagnostics, filters have been replaced, fuel pump is pumping until forced shutoff, and have tried to isolate any obstructions that may exist in the lines. Any insight, thoughts, or experience with this code or error? Thanks. Ben.

Replies25
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-15 15:30

    2nd post here.. HeavyEquipmentForums Has the pdf for troubleshooting Title has 2 transposed digits.

  2. #2benjam1nrk2022-09-15 15:41

    Thank you very much. I stumbled on that post before creating an account but wasn't able to open PDF. I will update if workable solution.

  3. #3Nige2022-09-15 16:07

    You may have to download the pdf to the desktop of a laptop or PC and open it from there. I just did exactly that and it opens fine for me. For some reason smart phones don't seem to like them.

  4. #4heymccall2022-09-15 16:22

    I download all the time on my "smart" phone. Here, I just renamed it.

  5. #5heymccall2022-09-15 18:50

    Attachments, like that PDF, do require that you register on this site. I encounter that quite a bit as I go down rabbit holes searching for solutions.

  6. #6Mattpcs2022-11-02 15:06

    Sorry to hijack any threads. I have a 259d with the same code. Is it the same test procedures as posted? Have already replaced suction valve and engine ecm harness which fixed the problem for 2-3 months. Thinking possible low pressure side issue. Thoughts?

  7. #7Nige2022-11-02 16:46

    It might well be the same procedure. Please post a Serial Number so that I can check for you.

  8. #8Mattpcs2022-11-02 16:58

    Ftl06197 259d. I believe I might be looking at a low pressure pump issue again. It started acting up after hot use. More so working hard at more than an hour. Hard to check low pressure volume when hot but pump is still running. I see that low pressure check is last but I've done everything except the high pressure sensor diag.

  9. #9Nige2022-11-02 17:31

    Confirmed the test procedure is the same.

  10. #10Mattpcs2022-11-02 17:43

    Ok thanks fo confirming. The procedure tends to lean closer to low pressure problems. I have done flow and pressure checks at pump, filter head, and after the low pressure regulator. Regulator was a touch low and replaced. I'm stuck at work ecm driver circuit or a low pump when warm. Any advice as it's hard to tie into fuel system after engine warm.

  11. #11heymccall2022-11-02 18:01

    Why, oh, why, would you wanna check fuel volume with a "-4" on the code? Voltage low is a short or high resistance.

  12. #12Mattpcs2022-11-02 18:08

    Was actually going after cat techline. They suggested it. I also found it weird. But I've done a harness and actuator. Usually an ecm driver is a constant. Not a heat or time related. Which is why I'm here for advice.

  13. #13heymccall2022-11-02 18:44

    Could the -4 code be low sensor output voltage, rather than a B+ short like the code? What are the results from the following underlined? Do they jive with the expected results? As for the low pressure side, I've had suction line from tank and/or separator inlet restrictions on EVERY skidsteer and CTL here, save for my 1845C machines. Does your machine have this style priming pump?

  14. #14Mattpcs2022-11-02 19:33

    Sorry I'm driving. I will check the rest but yes it has an online pump instead of filter head pump. It has been replaced multiple times for failures. Machine has almost 4,000 hours. Usually I don't get this code with the pump though. I also show spec for volume and pressure at cold.

  15. #15Mattpcs2022-11-02 19:34

    I really suspect low pressure pump but after changes and less than 6 months and 400 hours tops on pump I'm skeptical.

  16. #16Nige2022-11-04 18:12

    If you haven't had it apart yet, I suggest you remove check valve #3 from the top of the fuel filter and inspect it. This is the valve that opens and allows fuel to return to tank when the fuel filter restriction becomes too high. It is also supposed to be self-bleeding to purge any air out of the water separator/filter housing. If there has been contamination in the system it is entirely possible that check valve my be stuck partially open or damaged.

  17. #17Mattpcs2022-11-04 18:17

    I ended up replacing priming inline pump yet again. I worked 2 hard hours after and no problems so far. Thanks for the replies. Wouldn't hurt to replace the check valve as well. 4000 hrs of use on it.

  18. #18Nige2022-11-04 18:35

    345-3623 is the Part Number. Also requires an O-Ring 5P-7814.

  19. #19Mattpcs2022-11-08 17:03

    Follow up. I gained the code once again and by the time it made it back it was inactive. I had power washed it before it left and it came back with the filter head and fuel filter bowl covered in dirt as if it has a small leak after use. No air bubbles or any leaks that can be found. Ran good for 5+ hours. Ordered in the filter head and check valve.

  20. #20Nige2022-11-08 17:58

    Are you sure it’s not one or other of the two O-Rings on the filter/bowl assembly aren’t leaking.? The element is Part Number 363-5819 . There are also two O-Rings on it that come separately, 4L-7711 & 483-6423 .

  21. #21Mattpcs2022-11-08 18:03

    I'm actually not sure at all. I'm pretty sure it is but I also loose money every day this machine isn't running. I can't get anything to leak while running or operating or soap check. I would rather replace all instead of checking each oring that I would have to replace after checking anyway.

  22. #22Nige2022-11-08 18:12

    The replacement head that you ordered will not come with the O-Rings unless you ordered them separately. Sorry if I wasn’t clear before.

  23. #23Mattpcs2022-11-08 18:15

    Nope I made sure with cat. I do very much appreciate it though. Sometimes you almost have to sit down and point at the diagrams to get the right stuff but some of the guys are veterans and know.

  24. #24JackXXX2024-12-17 15:14

    Sorry to hijack any threads. I have a 262D3 with the same code, 1347-4. S/N = ZB200741. The code appeared once, and the engine shut off. Then after 3 restarts, the code went away. I used the machine for about 30 hours and parked it for about 10 days. The code came back and will not go away. I have read all the above comments; not sure how best to proceed w/o starting to replace the above-mentioned hardware items one at a time. Your thoughts?

  25. #25Nige2024-12-17 16:35

    Have you downloaded the troubleshooting procedure attached to Post #5 on Page 1 and gone through the diagnostic steps one by one.? The -4 on the Diagnostic Code signifies that the voltage being supplied to the pressurizing pump is below the normal range, so on the face of it the problem is electrical. - at least initially. See the image in Post #1 on Page 1.