What RPM do y'll run your 265 at? I was told when using the rotary cutter, wide open, which is about 2600+, after everything gets to operating temp and no load.
They're designed to run full throttle and I think it's easier on the hydrostat. You also have faster response to control movements.
Thank You ! I've been told that by some, and some say to back off a little, mostly Kubota owners. I just wanted to find out what most Cat users do. This is my/our 1st CTL/SK, and 1st Cat, we've always used farm tractors in the past, and PTO speed in usually a couple of hundred below WFO!
If it has a DPF then the perceived wisdom once it is up to operating temperature is to run it at, or close to, WOT all the time. The life of the DPF between cleaning/replacement will likely be directly linked to how hard the machine has been run.
Thank You, Nige, but no DPF, 1 of Cat reps said it had regen, but the manual says nothing about regen! So basically I'm still confused about somethings on the Cat! All its used for is the rotary cutter, light grapple work, some light dirt/gravel work.
If you would like to post a Serial Number I can take a look what exactly it is equipped with. There are three different models of 265 on the market.
I'm glad you asked that cause I found out the # on frame is different than the paper work + different #'s on some dealer add on stickers. paper work serial # KR408562 # stamped in frame KR407908 I'll send you pictures as soon as I figure out how to PM you
Don't worry. I can work from the KR407908 Serial Number on the frame. Built 27th March 2025. See the attachment. Do you have an LCD display that looks like this.? Also can you look at the top RH soner of the front cover of the Operation Manual and check the reference number (M0129676.?) please. It looks as though your machine DOES have a DPF. The illustration below is from the Parts Manual. It will be almost hidden at the back of the engine as you look into the engine compartment.
MO129649-06 Nov2024 I do have something in front of engine down low. sure can't see it. from what I can see its probably like that illustration you posted but there in No DPF tank. My LCD display is the premium advanced touch screen display, just like the one on page 110 of my manual. I have a picture of 1st screen do you want me to post? There is no DPF gauge, just engine oil temp, hyd oil temp on 1st screen after login. I've scrolled thur all the screens I have, never saw anything about DPF.
Ummmmm, A stealership sold you a machine with incorrect/fraudulent serial numbers??? Or am I being completely stoopid, yes, I meant to spell it like that
At this point I think its just a paperwork screwup
It will be hard to spot, the engine is in the way. The difference needs to be highlighted between a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) which is the component looking a bit like a muffler on my illustration above, and DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) which is held in a separate tank and is sprayed into the exhaust to treat outgoing combustion gases. Your machine should have a DPF (but to be confirmed), it certainly does not use DEF. Can you post a photo of the front cover please. As regards the issue of regen maybe you should be asking some questions of your dealer considering the this machine is a recent pruchase. See the attached.
I wish someone had pointed out my ignorance about DEF/DPF, I was confusing/confused! So this screw-up is 110% on me. SORRY! It has No DEF but has DPF, I'm going to the shop and scroll through the monitor looking for DPF/Regen Sorry for being a DA, but smog crap on diesel is something new to me. All tractors are late 90s, and the last diesel pickup left here in 2005, and glad its gone.
BTW Cat dealer is working Vin # screw up . Dealer is very helpful, Its just that I'm Very,Very Hearing Impaired, so I miss a lot, but if I can read it I understand a little more
TBH I would far prefer a diesel in my personal vehicle, but in my case that would be a European or Japanese diesel, not a US-built one. I'm hoping one of the members with more practical experience than me regarding exhaust aftertreatment systems will chime in here......... Get someone from the dealer to walk you through the relevant parts of the manual regarding the Monitor System and how it applies to regen. To a large extent all they have to do is point to the necessary paragraphs.