My TL240 has begun beeping at me, but there aren't any warning lights on the instrument panel. At some point in the past, I remembered reading about a red warning light flashing at your feet for certain issues. I checked that and at one point, it was flashing in a pattern of 5 short flashes. Checked the owner's manual and service manual but couldn't find any info to decode that pattern. Google has been zero help with that also. Today, I was checking a little further into it. If I turn the key to ON but not start, after several seconds the alarm starts to beep. If I start the machine while it's beeping, it continues beeping. However, if I start the machine before the alarm starts beeping, it never starts beeping. The warning light at my feet wasn't on this time though. I did confirm that all the lights on the instrument panel come on when the key turns on, so there aren't any bulbs burned out. The machine seems to run well, regardless of the status of the alarm. I'm not sure if there's actually something wrong or I'm chasing a ghost.
Try checking the Coolant level in the radiator and surge tank. Low Coolant Indication: When the coolant level drops below a certain point (as detected by the sensor), it triggers an alarm or warning light. Takeuchi have a low coolant sensor integrated into the radiator or a surge tank.
Coolant levels are good in both the radiator and overflow tank.