My 267B flashing armrest indicator with inoperable loader. Problem started a few weeks ago intermittent. Replaced both work detent tool solenoids and work tool pilot solenoid on the joystick. all wiring to the solenoids read the proper ohms to ground. Not sure where to go from here with the exception of having a tech come test the ECM and wire harness. Any help would be appreciated. when the machine is started only the parking brake light is on. Once the parking brake is pressed the armrest indicator flashes. what was an intermittent problem at first it's not working now at all.
sounds like a problem in either the work tool pilot solenoid or detent coil if you electrical schematic or more info please let us know Mark
sounds like a problem in either the work tool pilot solenoid or detent coil if you el Thanks for the reply Mark. These instructions are a bit flawed. I disconnected the detent coil and checked ohms as stated. It read 56 ohms,the instructions say 12. The schematic says 9.4 ohms. I bought a new detent coil $261.00. After install it also read 56 ohms. I decided to read it connected with the 12 volts (key on) and both read 9.4 now I have replaced all of the coils and solenoids that are suspect. I did get it to work for a short while. Then it quit once again. Note that detent coil comes with a connector which is next to impossible to assemble without a $290 Deutsche crimp tool. Not sure what to do now except load it and take it to shop.
on page ten above the work tool detent coil is listed as 54 to 60 ohms at 25 degrees C, which is what you measured, you can also buy a non deutsche tool for about $30 at most tool stores or ebay you will damage your multimeter and have inaccurate results if you try and measure resistance with a powered circuit sounds like you may be miss interpreting the instructions which are straight out of SIS (Cat system) Mark
Sorry Mark, I didn't have that last page printed when I went out to work on it. I had those steps less that page already and did not add it to what I had. I just went by what was on step 16. I knew the risk of the voltage on the ohm meter. I took the risk with an old cheap multi meter I had laying around not my good one. When I had everything connected and the armrest was still flashing and not working, I started just trying different things out of frustration. I actually unplugged the door connector turned the key to on then pressed the parking brake plugged door back in and hit the parking break once more and the flashing light stayed off allowing the loader to work, less the wheel control. I worked with the machine with my grapple just without the wheel control to open and close it. I drove over a few hard bumps and it quit working. I tried again to get it to come back on turning everything off and back on. Oddly enough the wheel started working allowing the grapple to open and close but now the loader arm would not operate once again. It's really frustrating.