I need help with the fuel line replacement. I had a broken line and had to remove all of the lines to get to the one needing to be replaced. On one of the lines I removed the barrel the fuel line attaches to going into the pump. I'll try to explain it the best I can. The parts manual doesn't show this barrel or the internal parts inside. Inside the barrel there is a spring-jet-tiny ball-spring fitting- spring. I'm missing some of these parts and cant locate any part numbers for replacement. Seems like a long shot finding an answer. Cat dealer couldn't find the breakdown of this part either.
hi ,sounds like you have lost part of the delivery valve. you wont get parts off cat for this pump because it is supported by the manufacture. in this case Denso. I suggest you record the numbers off the pump as indicated in this sample and visit your local fuel injection specialist. the pump guy on this forum is a good source of info if he chips in Mark
Mark is EXACTLY RIGHT.. its called a delivery valve and you HAVE TO HAVE the 196000-5030# off the injection pump when calling the local pump shop.. the "4" doesn't mean anything.. I HATE those valves!! Get a copper DV GASKET, also.. tighten each DV HOLDER to 30-35 ftlbs.. Call the local guys and ask for the PUMP SHOP.. they'll have the info at their finger tips. If you call and ask for parts, he's gonna fumble around for 10 minutes and THEN transfer you to the pump shop.. avoid the middle man.. lol Sorry for your bad luck.. and have your credit card handy..
I just reread Marks reply.. that pump # isn't YOURS.. you HAVE TO get YOUR PUMP #..
Man you guys are great, I really appreciate the help.
Not a problem.. your welcome.. I'm guilty of loosing some myself.. and I work on a steel bench w/ lites all the way around it.. looks like an operating table.. and still loose a steel ball or 2. IF its the steel ball you lost, look in its seat.. they'll stick in there sometimes.. good luck.
I found all of my parts with a magnet except for the seat the ball sits in. It was late but I'm having difficulty finding a pump guy near my location. My Pump is a DENSO 196000-5020. Any help with a contact for the part? I'm in Gulf coast MS near Louisiana.
I googled injection pump shop near gulf coast and got 250 THOUSAND hits.. take your pick.
I found the missing piece. We bought about 4 different size magnets and scoured the bottom of the machine. Thanks for your help.