Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 268b Park Break

hjetty ยท 2016-03-08 15:44

During normal use the park break on my 268b will self engage. any thoughts? Continuous flow on the Hydraulics will also interrupt by itself. Thank-you in advance

Replies5
  1. #1Mark2502016-03-08 22:42

    hjetty the machine safety features are controlled by the machine ECM's which in turn look at a number of switch's to determine what functions the ECM enables first off I would check the seat switch,the arm switch and the door switch if fitted for correct operation Are any of the display indicators flashing ? here is a modified diagnostic flow chart that may help. please feel free to ask for more info or advise Mark

  2. #2hjetty2016-03-09 09:18

    Mark250, Thank-you sir. This will give me a place to start, I'm guessing low voltage or a bad battery could be causing some issues? I'll get to checking, your diagnostic sheet will be valuable Thanks again, Hjetty

  3. #3Nige2016-03-09 12:12

    If you want an Electrical System Schematic (Wiring Diagram) to help with your investigations then drop me a PM giving details of your machine Serial Number and an email address to send it to.

  4. #4Mobiltech2016-03-09 13:24

    Lift the cab and check the ground strap at the hinge point of cab. Take it off and clean it. I have seen that ground strap fail and the cab will ground through the mounts until you hit a bump and the cab moves causing the park brake to come on.

  5. #5hjetty2016-03-09 17:21

    Thank you Mobiltech. I'll check that.