Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

who makes all wheel steer?

dbb.brisbros · 2016-03-08 07:45

I've got 4 Bobcat all wheel steer machines, 3) A300's and a new A770. The A300's were constant problems electronically, but the salesman swore those problems were gone with the new series. He's right but the A770 can't run without constant fuel filter changes. We need the all wheel steer, so I'm looking for another manufacturer that makes it, fed up with these Bobcats. Any one know of another all wheel steer machine?

Replies13
  1. #1lumberjack2016-03-08 07:58

    What about a compact articulating loader? There are some all wheel steer versions as well, but bobcat is the only skid steer version I know of.

  2. #2dbb.brisbros2016-03-08 14:31

    We looked at them, but they're all too tall, we do a lot of work under low ceilings.

  3. #3barnbuilder2016-03-08 15:42

    What kind of electronic issues did you have? My A300 is from 2004, only thing replaced were 2 selonoid actuators. Only have 1300 hours on it though.

  4. #4dbb.brisbros2016-03-08 16:01

    Mainly sensor issues, machines would get shut down by a code that usually turned out to be something minor, but time consuming to find and diagnose. Kind of like having a car that shuts down because of a check engine light. They'd be good machines if they would get rid of all the electronics.

  5. #5lumberjack2016-03-08 23:22

    The Gehl AL540 can have folding roll bar that reduces clearance height.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2016-03-11 11:14

    Looking at the specs for the two, The Gehl is 10 inches taller than the Bobcat, and with the optional folding two post roll bar would be six inches shorter.

  7. #7Mark132016-03-11 13:34

    I'm not sure how much clearance you have but the Deere 204 and 304 wheel loaders are fairly short for what they are. I think a 204 is just under 8ft tall.

  8. #8Rentalstop2016-03-11 19:49

    Local Bobcat dealer here started carrying Avant Wheel loaders. Buddy of mine just put one in rental. Says the feedback is great. Maybe check the specs.

  9. #9CRAFT2016-03-15 23:01

    So ??? …… you SAY that you are having all these electrical sensor issues …. LIKE What kind of elec sensors ??? … i'm pushing close to 5000 HARD served hrs on my '07 A-300 … YAH !!! … there were a few kinks along the way but Nothing that bad as you describe ….. the limp modes are there to protect the machine and You !!! …. I had a couple of times happen the limp mode actuated when the Lift & Tilt Actuators malfunctioned ….. once it happened when the Main Pump drive belt broke …. and the latest was a drive speed sensor …. That I found out because my machine WAS Dealer Software updated It didn't need to be there and was as simple as unplugging the 2 speed sensors …. WOW !!! … Big Deal !!!! ….. NOT !!! …… just the cost of doing business over ~5000hrs …….. JMHO …...

  10. #10lantraxco2016-03-15 23:10

    Kinda the same concept on the fuel filter issues.. the filters are extremely fine, but they're not plugging with nothing. The fuel source is either contaminated or has water/algae in it. Prefilter the fuel, refilter the fuel into your machines, use clean tanks and keep them clean, use biocide religiously, and if that don't work fire your fuel supplier. It won't be long EVERY machine available new will have the same fuel filtration issues there's just no way around it with the insanity that is the current EPA regs.

  11. #11warbird2016-03-16 16:24

    you sound like a bobcat dealer word for word or that's what my old bobcat dealer always said to me. then I bought a cat and problem gone, and everything else runs fine from my filtered fuel tank

  12. #12lantraxco2016-03-16 23:47

    That's good, gotta do what works for you. For the record I am not now nor have I ever been associated with a Bobcat dealer LOL

  13. #13caterpillarmech2016-03-17 06:28

    Ok, I was associated with a Cat dealer. I will tell you to keep your fuel clean. Yes the newer machines seem to be more prone to filter issues. What I found is the newer ones are not quite as forgiving on fuel supply. Change truck and machine filters often and you will have no problems.