Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 268B Skid Steer Grapple Control Issue

Joel Tyler ยท 2021-08-29 20:05

Greetings all, I have a CAT 268B Skid Steer recently purchased at auction and a new root grapple. The grapple opens but as soon as I release the thumbwheel it closes with force. The grapple should remain "open" until I select "close" but it snaps down as soon as I release the open thumbwheel. The thumbwheel rocks back and forth like it should. I appreciate any help to get me started with troubleshooting - much appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1hosspuller2021-08-29 20:26

    The electric valve is acting like a normally closed/open switch/valve. It should latch in what ever position you operated it to. (that's what you're asking for) Look at the hydraulic valve make sure it is a two position valve. Or the thumb electric circuit should operate as a latch. Some one may have swapped it. (auction repairs are notorious for just get it sold)

  2. #2Joel Tyler2021-08-29 20:30

    Thank you hosspuller, I will check that out and let you know how it goes!