Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 272d heated seat switch

RDeSmet ยท 2023-04-18 15:37

I was wondering if anyone had a wiring schematic of the heat seat switch on cat skid steers. My switch is missing and i was wondering what the 3 wires go to in order to see if I can replace the switch with a normal toggle or have to pay the $45 for a cat one. I have a red, yellow, and black wire on spade connectors where the switch used to be.

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2023-04-18 15:47

    Supply a Serial Number please, to identify the correct schematic.

  2. #2heymccall2023-04-18 16:02
  3. #3Nige2023-04-18 16:25

    By the sounds of that someone has been butchering the wiring. There should be a 3-pin Deutsch connector on the wiring harness that makes the switch a simple plug & play. EDIT: Acksherley it's apparently a 4-pin connector and there should be two switches, at least according to the schematic I pulled up at random for a 272D. Maybe the 392-2977 is for the seat with air/heat and the 293-2871 is for the non-heated air seat.

  4. #4RDeSmet2023-04-18 17:04

    Serial number is B5W00526. I know what the part number is, but cat dealer wants $45 for a basic switch. The 3 wires I have were on an angled spade type connector on the back of the old switch when I pulled it out. I think the duestch connector is farther up the harness not right at the switch. I will try and post pics next time I am at the machine.

  5. #5RDeSmet2023-04-18 17:06

    It looks to me from the schematic that the switch was a basic toggle. My guess is that it had a ground wire for a light to show it was on.

  6. #6Nige2023-04-18 17:14

    It appears as though the Cat switch has 3 terminals on the back. Illustration is not the best. I wonder if the OEM switch is spring-loaded to neutral on one side (for the air compressor) and toggle to the other side for the heat.?

  7. #7Nige2023-04-18 17:15

    That snip I posted above is from a schematic valid for all B5W-prefix machines.

  8. #8heymccall2023-04-18 17:31

    293-2871 is the occupant detector switch.

  9. #9Nige2023-04-18 17:46

    Gotcha. With that complete section of the schematic being listed as an attachment it didn't cross my mind. Isn't the operator presence switch standard.?

  10. #10RDeSmet2023-04-18 19:53

    Thanks for the help everyone. I hooked up my multimeter and it appears to be a basic switch with geound for status led. Black was ground, red switched power and my guess yellow goes on to the heat coils in the seat. So I think I can just get a regular switch and dont have to order a special one from cat.