Was driving the Gehl 4640 skid steer and suddenly no motion or hydraulics to bucket. No weird noises or warning. After it happened, it did sound like the engine wasn't having to work as hard...like it was running without a load. Overall, ran fine but zero motion. No lights flashing. I pulled the tandem hydraulic pumps forward to check the flywheel coupler and all teeth intact. Split the tandem pump to check the coupler in between the two and it was fine. Unfortunately, I tried the hard stuff first and no luck. What else should I check? Thanks in advance
Lap bar safety switch, seat occupant safety switch, door safety switch, any one of those can mess with hydraulics
I will check it out tomorrow and report back. However, seat switch is bypassed, no door, and the lap safety always gave a feeling that the hydraulics still "tried" to operate even when locked. It just feels dead and engine sounds different like something is not engaged.
You mean lap bar down, not locked.
Upon closer inspection with camera, it is the flywheel coupler. This is part 136063
Glad you found the trouble.