machine seems to run strong, but even at WOT ,a full left or full right ,or full forward, seems to start losing power and bog engine after a few seconds, then I have to ease off on joystick to let rpm recover. checked fuel pressure,filter seems ok. any thoughts, possible hydraulic/control valve issue? any thoughts appreciated, thanx
is this problem description that uncommon ?
Is there black smoke coming from the exhuast when loaded
no mike, it just seems to lose power and peter out after 2-3 seconds of full left right or forward , but if you feather the joystick you can maintain a mediocre pull
if there is no smoke as the engine is about to stall says there is not enough fuel
the engine never will completely stall, just drags down to about 800- 1000 rpm and holds there until you relieve the load by letting up on joystick. also throttle response is not crisp. from idle to wot seems like 1 to 1-1/2 seconds lag, kind of sluggish.no black smoke. fuel filter was changed and lift pump seems to have adequate pressure and volume. possibly injection pump governor not recovering under load? also if turbo was inop, seems it would also black smoke. I am open to all thoughts, thankyou
Don't know much about those, but if there isn't any smoke the AFR control is working properly, no lugging, or the air filter isn't restricted. I'm thinking there is a sensor somewhere that is telling the ECM to reduce power.
Not sure of emission level of the engine, but if equipt I would be looking for a boost pressure leak most likely in charge air piping. If monitored a low boost pressure signal to ECM could result in less fuel applied to injectors, so the smoke you might expect to see on a mechanical engine may not be there. Boost is at its most and needed the most under load.
only 1 coupling about 3 in. long between turbo and intake, no leaks there. engine is a 3034t and as far as I can tell , its a governor controlled mechanical inj. pump with no ecm for engine. guess I will have to stick to basics and check injector to head sealing ,compression, etc.