I have been having a bit of trouble trying to grade, and I think I know why now. I ordered a Kubota bucket for my case machine (skid) because I loved the way it was built, also the size 84" I had the machine in the shop today because i knew there was somthing just not right. When I put the arms all the way down and keep the bucket leval the edge of the bucket is off the ground. Or say if I lower the bucket and tilt the bucket that the edge of the bucket just toutchs the ground, the pan of the bucket is off the ground a good inch plus. I know I can change this but I hate to get the welding gear out on a new bucket like this. I would need to move the whole Q/A up a good 2" I dont claim to be a expert on buckets, but I think you should be able to drop the bucket down and leval with the pan and the front edge flush on the ground to grade proper. What do you think?
The problem is the bucket you bought wasn't made for your machine so it doesn't sit right on your coupler. The only way to fix it at this point is to cut the quick attach plate off the back of the bucket and re-weld it a little lower. If you had ordered the bucket from a case dealer or an outside bucket manufacturer you could have given them the make and model of the machine and the qa plate height would have been correct. If it was a Kubota skid steer bucket that you bought they are manufactured for Kubota by Bradco, so you may be able to sell the bucket you have and find/order a Bradco bucket with the correct height. Hope this helps
Yep, machines built from the ground up for use with tracks (Kubota, ASV, Takeuchi, etc) usually have a lower plate height than chassis designed for tracks and wheels. The fix is to replace the bucket or move the plate up, as you deduced.
Check with your Kubota dealer, it might be Bradco that builds it. It is a bracket that goes on the machine, and mounts to the bucket and lowers the bucket about two inches. We have one on our Kubota and works great with no change in the way it operates. Yes it is a Bradco and cost $836 Chris
I had OTT rubber tracks on a machine one time with this same problem, after I called and bitched a few times solideal came to the conclusion that I also needed to buy a new set of lower profile tires...... I gave up and bought a track machine Pj
Thanks for the feed back guys. Another way to explain this is when the arms are lowered all the way they bottom out and the heel of the bucket is off the ground. I think if I do cut the Q/A conections off I will raise them a good 2" Up Of a fast way would be to weld 3- 1x6 plate from heal to cutting edge, but the extra weight would be a bit crazy One thing to take into consideration is the q/a conection cant be too high or the door may not open on a closed cab, but I would think there should be a extra 2" of down preasure travel after the bucket is sitting flat on the ground
Putting high heels on a bucket will still leave a bucket that can't cut grade very well. On a flat surface, set the bucket off the machine. Then lower the arms fully and drive up to the back of the bucket. That's approximately where you want the qa plate.