Top lip seal is leaking on the radiator fan motor throwing oil all over the place. Anyone have a part number for the seal? Cat shows it all as one with the motor but I have gotten it separate one time before a few years ago. Thank you
Got a Part Number for the motor..? There should be a plate on it with the number.
216-6163 is on the motor. branded cat.
Here's the parts listing for the motor. Be warned that there are no other serviceable parts available for it, so if it ever fails internally replacement will be the only option.
Thank you kindly
How did that seal work out? I have a 257 Cat with 3000 hrs that I just replaced the shaft seal in. Thought I had it fixed but soon as its worked for 45 mins and gets up to heat it suddenly starts spewing lots of oil again. Anyone with ideas on whats happening?
Likely the shaft is worn right where the lip of the seal runs. Different application, same issue.
Thanks for the quick reply. Ill pull it again tomorrow and see but it looked really good when i changed it. Old seal was a little hard but intact. Is there an internal motor failure that can cause it to blow by that shaft seal?
Internal leakage in the motor resulting from wear is also a reason why the seal could experience a higher than normal oil pressure behind it. Unfortunately there are no separate repair parts available for the motor