Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

information about ASV brand mini loaders

trombeur · 2020-06-22 12:49

hello, sorry if i open this thread. on the net I have seen numerous small crawler loaders brand ASv. I don't find references on this brand, as a small investigation I think it's Terex group, you know nothing about it. what opinions and experiences you have about this brand. in my part in Italy only Bobcat, komatsu and of course caterpillar. ASV never seen in action thanks. https://www.asvi.com/

Replies3
  1. #1Ct Farmer2020-06-22 15:05

    I have an ASV MD70. It is one of their earlier models. It is a great machine and at the same time has some real problems. Originally designed by a snowmobile company and the suspension shows it. Some parts are just not designed for heavy duty construction use. Still, for my needs it really works well. At one point Cat had a piece of the company and was using ASV suspension part so on their early CTL’s. There was some improvement in the design from Cat engineers. When Cat left they got bought by Terex. I understand some of the older classic models like mine are now being built by an independent company.

  2. #2skata2020-06-22 19:47

    Asv is the most expensive and unreliable undercarriage to repair .

  3. #3trombeur2020-06-22 23:41

    thank you for your clarification. in our part a renter rents small komatsu, more in my opinion manageable than bobcat, but it is my opinion, I do not maneuver them but I see them in action on the construction site thanks again for your clarifications. ASV 4810 Track Loader 105hp Cat engine, 5900lb lift capacity, 5 front auxiliary hydraulics, 220 hours on meter, reciever hitch, new Loflin 72" low profile smooth bucket.