Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 277 pin connector

Aaron's D65 ยท 2022-05-29 08:57

I am new to the forum amd was wondering if anyone had an issue with and old 5 pin coupler on a Cat 277 that needs to be converted to a new style 5 pin? I have a new Cat Harley rake with a 5 pin control connector but those pin locations are in a different spot on my machine. I have to assume there is a converter connector for this issue. Does anyone have advice on this?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-05-29 10:32

    The first photo is of the connector on the rake I assume.? It would need the Serial Numbers of both the machine and the rake to track down the appropriate electrical schematics.

  2. #2Aaron's D652022-05-30 10:36

    Yes, the first picture is of the rake connector. Attached are both the serial of the machine and of the rake. Thanks for your help.

  3. #3Nige2022-05-30 10:38

    I'll send you both schematics. Keep an eye on your PMs. I don't know if a jumper harness is available (I will check) but it should not be that hard to rewire one side or the other. EDIT: No jumper harness that I can see. Have you tried asking your dealer.?

  4. #4Coaldust2022-05-30 16:00

    Take a look at these plug & play harnesses. Looks like they may have something to go from 8-pin Cat to 14 pin Deutsch. https://www.skidsteersolutions.com/skid-steer-accessories/electrical