Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 277B boom hydraulics work fine, not moving

amplifighterdan ยท 2020-06-25 20:32

I'm brand new to machinery .. bought a CAT 277B with 2600 hours to get some things done around the property. Machine starts and runs as usual, door closed, arm bar down, and I can operate the boom and bucket normally. Cant go forward. I picked the front end of the machine up and let it down a few times and was able to move about 10' and now nothing. The right side seems to want to go, but the left doesn't seem like it wants to. Could the parking brake be hanging up or not disengaging somehow? I seem to remember hearing an audible noise, almost like a single heavy click when I took it off before and now I hear nothing. Any help would be appreciated being that the machine is stuck in the softest part of my yard haha. MDH 03236

Replies4
  1. #1amplifighterdan2020-06-25 21:10

    Also, just thinking on the problem .. sometimes i swear i hear the backup alarm when im going forward. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything

  2. #2amplifighterdan2020-06-26 23:42

    posted in MTL forums, probably should have done that originally.. Admin please delete

  3. #3DozerTech782020-06-29 17:37

    When you release the parking brake and try to move forward, does the engine RPM drop like its bogging down? This is usually a surface indication that the parking brake is not releasing. The fact that you still have implement function leads me to believe that you still have normal charge pressure and pilot oil pressure going to the joysticks. Heres a picture of your parking brake solenoid location, make sure you have battery voltage going to this when the arm bars or down and the parking brake switch is hit. Ive also seen the valves get stuck before so you could pull it out just to verify operation

  4. #4Nige2020-06-30 11:15

    See his other thread ........ major issues in a final drive/propel motor. HeavyEquipmentForums