Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 Auxiliary Hydraulics How to clean Coil Stem

Schifference ยท 2020-06-25 20:47

Hello, I have a 773 and Aux Hydraulics only work one way. I have switched the coils and problem persists. How do I clean the Coil Stem? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Schifference2020-06-26 05:51

    More details: I put a Harley Rake on my recently purchased Bobcat 773 utilizing the Auxiliary hydraulics for the first time. The Drum on the Harley will only rotate in one direction. I removed both coils and switched them this did not fix the problem or make it turn only the other direction. I changed the wires from and attached them to the opposite coils. Then the drum still rotates only one way in the same direction as previous but is controlled by turning the joystick thumb switch the other direction. I have concluded that both coils are good and joystick switch is good. I read somewhere prior to joining the site that if the coils were good and the switch was good, that the Stem was the issue and could be cleaned. I removed each stem and did not notice any serviceable parts inside it. Any input/help is appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2Schifference2020-06-26 07:39

    So I took out the Stems again and looked at them carefully. It appears that from the bottom center there is a spring loaded inner piece that should move up and down. Both of mine do. There also appears to be 4 holes that when the spring actuated piece is in a certain position allows fluid to flow thru those holes. I think mine are free and clean. But my hydraulics still only work in one direction. Any help appreciated. Thanks!