My 277B has a history of overheating. I have noticed that the radiator fan does not ever come on like my 279D does. Is there a way to check to see is it actually working properly. I assume it only engages when the motor hits a certain temperature. Thanks for nay responses.
"I assume it only engages when the motor hits a certain temperature." I don't think so. AFAIK it should start turning as soon as you start the engine. Does your 279D fan not start to turn immediately when you crank up the engine.? Unfortunately to check the electronics that control the fan (and any Diagnostic Codes that may or may not be present) will need Cat ET connected up to the machine. If your machine has a demand fan attachment the fan speed with be electronically-controlled by a solenoid and monitored by a fan speed sensor.
Thanks Nigel, I will check the 279D but what you saying makes sense.
A 277B it will be MDH-something. Is your S/No above or below 1600.? The SysOp for the hydraulics are slightly different depending on which group the machine falls into.