Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 277B Panel Lights Not Working

RangerTXRancher ยท 2023-02-05 18:09

A few months ago I was having some electrical issues (I was melting batteries and the machine wouldn't start). Long story short, it was a bad alternator. However, during the process of trying to diagnose that issue, my panel lights also kept blowing their fuse. So like an idiot I tried putting in a larger fuse. When I did that, the panel started smoking and the lights haven't worked since on either side of the cab... obviously I fried something. Once I fixed the alternator and replaced all of the fuses, the gauges worked again (lights on the switches, fuel gauge, etc.) but the panel/warning lights still won't come on either side. I was bored so I got into the panel this weekend and couldn't see anything melted or damaged at all. I figure I would just replace the panel light box (or whatever it's called), but I didn't see a serial number on it and I can't find anything on the internet, pics, or what it's even called in order to buy a new one. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2023-02-05 18:16

    First step would be to include a full S/N for the machine.

  2. #2RangerTXRancher2023-02-05 18:24

    CAT0277BCMDH04755

  3. #3RangerTXRancher2023-02-05 18:37

    Well disregard. All that searching and I literally just found it. https://parts.cat.com/en/holtcat/223-6537

  4. #4Nige2023-02-05 18:41

    Check your messages. An electrical schematic is in your inbox. Part Numbers of all the panel assemblies are on the schematic Page 14, Grid F-13.