Trying to figure out an issue with my 2009 cat 277c 2 speed machine. Just picked this machine up recently and the left side track drive locks up it doesn't really do it when the fluids cold more when its hot and when I'm creeping with the hydraulics it also locks up worse when I'm in rabbit mode. Only active code I currently have is 1251-4 which is unrelated to the problem I believe. Attached is a video of what I have going on you'll notice if I ease into the joystick it'll lock up but if I quickly go to move forward or back it'll break free.
Post a machine Serial Number please. How are you accessing Diagnostic Codes.? Is your machine fitted with an Advanced Display.?
Jwf02143 and yes it has advanced display.
So instead of straight movements, you're getting turn?
Thanks for confirming that. It's just that when using generic scan tools Codes may pop up (or not as the case may be) that use of factory service tooling gives different results. Having the Advanced Display makes it easier in a lot of ways. From the Diagnostics Menu you can get into the "Parameter Statius sub-menu". This shows you joystick position sensor output amongst other things. The first thing I would suggest that you check is that the output of both joysticks is approximately the same for the same position of the handle. in other words that they read the same in the centre, fully back, and fully forward positions and that the numbers change smoothly from maximum to minimum and vice versa when moving the joystick handle. I would also suggest that you drain the final drive oil from that side of the machine, actually maybe from both sides to compare the two lots of oil, and look for sparklies in the oil. There is only 1 litre of 75W/140 fully synthetic gear oil oil in each final drive.
Sorry for the delay but I changed the fluid in both final drives and both sides appeared to look the same there was a little bit of metal in both sides fluid but I don't no when the fluid was changed last. I went into the display to watch the parameters and I believe I found what your referring too and all seemed good forward and back when the left drive doesn't lock up. The left drive only locks up when the machine is stopped its almost as if the parking brake isn't releasing from that drive until it gets enough pressure built up to release it?
Could be the parking brake piston seal on the LH side drive leaking. That would explain why there are no symptoms with cold oil and they slowly appear as the oil gets warmer.
Do you no if these finals are serviceable?
To a certain extent yes. See the attachment.
Just a thought could there be something going on in the control ?
Having similar issue with 246c left side drags seems to have issue with drive motor. Did you figure out the problem?
Drive motors on tracked machines are completely different those on a skid steer. I would suggest that you create a new thread in the skid steer section for your problem, at the same time mentioning the machine Serial Number. See this LINK for complete "how to" instructions.