Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 279 under voltage codes and will not move

jesus100brav0 · 2025-06-09 12:42

I'm getting a series of under voltage codes for this skid was wondering if anyone has any tips

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2025-06-09 14:57

    They are not system under voltage they are Diagnostic Codes. There will be a troubleshooting procedure for each one. You will need a digital multimeter as a minimum. What is the machine Serial Number.?

  2. #2jesus100brav02025-06-09 16:29

    This is the VIN number for the machine do you have the instructions for the diag ?

  3. #3reganj2025-06-09 20:25

    The Nige will point you in the right direction, Patience,,,,,

  4. #4Nige2025-06-10 05:55

    I’m out and about at the moment. I’ll look up the procedures and post them up when I get home.

  5. #5jesus100brav02025-06-10 22:52

    Okay sounds good thanks

  6. #6Nige2025-06-11 06:07

    Here we go. Based on the fact that you have four Codes all the same -5 suffix leads me to believe you could have a common wiring harness problem (solenoid return sicrcuit maybe.?) somewhere, but following the troubleshooting procedure should get you to it. You would likely also beneift from having a complete electrical schematic. Check your message inbox.