Doing some light work and the machine just shut off. When I try to start, it makes light thud sound but the starter does not crank the engine? The starter makes and effort but does not turn over the engine. I tried adding more battery with jumper cables but same result. Everything lights up when I initiate the key but when I turn the key to engage the starter just a short attempt to turn over the engine and then nothing. Any thoughts?
Time to start checking cables and verifying you don’t have a bad cell in your battery or batteries. Every season change, there is a rash of bad batteries, just waiting for a hot day to trash a cell and no amount of jump packs will over come it.
If someone cut ends of battery cables and but cheap parts store ends on cables, start there. New ends, crimp on style. While you at it load test battery to be sure its good