Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 279C 2 travel issues

D The Mechanic ยท 2026-01-16 08:43

We have a Cat 279C 2 skid steer it will move in either direction for about 10 feet and then slow down to a complete stop and then will only move in the opposite direction and do the same thing any help would be appreciated thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-01-16 09:38

    1 check oil in finals If good 2 check codes post here could be a speed sensor issue among others. 3 (youll need et at this point may need for step 2 too) run all the power train calibrations. May find the throttle posision sensor wont calibrate (normal shows up as the machine goes till it slows and you let off the stick and it will go again no code with this problem as far as ive witnessed. Need the serial number!

  2. #2bucktowngrading2026-01-16 10:10

    It sounds like your Cat 279C skid steer has a hydraulic or transmission issue, likely a clogged hydraulic filter, low hydraulic fluid, or a failing drive motor. Read More: Why Experience Matters More Than Equipment Machine in Excavation Projects

  3. #3Nige2026-01-16 10:52

    Post a machine Serial Number and a photo of the instrument panel located I. The upper RH corner of the cab.

  4. #4D The Mechanic2026-01-19 07:11

    Serial number is KWB01095 PICTURE to follow later this morning

  5. #5D The Mechanic2026-01-19 09:05

    This is upper left there is nothing on upper right

  6. #6Nige2026-01-19 09:10

    I don't see a photo.

  7. #7D The Mechanic2026-01-19 09:46

    For some reason it's not letting me post a picture I'll work on it see what I can do thanks

  8. #8D The Mechanic2026-01-19 09:48

    Serial number is KWB01095

  9. #9Nige2026-01-19 10:10

    Photo has to be of a certain format. I know from experience that *.png photos will not upload.