Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 279c hydrostatic hose routing.

TorqueRanch · 2022-11-05 15:40

I have a cat 279c that came to me after it had the drive hose replaced for the left track. Now I know the hoses are not hooked up correctly to the pump and I can’t find any info anywhere as to which hose is supposed to be hooked up to which location. Can any one help me figure out which hose goes where?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-11-05 17:48

    What's the Serial Number prefix.? MBT-something.?

  2. #2TorqueRanch2022-11-05 22:53

    I can’t find the serial number. But that’s the vin.

  3. #3Nige2022-11-06 07:04

    Last 8 of the PIN is the Serial Number. So yours is KWB00952 and it is a 279C Series 2 machine. When your thread title said "279C" I (wrongly) assumed it would be an MBTxxxxx Series 1 machine. Just goes to show how assuming can bite you in the ***. Here is the illustration from the Parts Manual for the hydrostatic lines. I'll send you the hydraulic Schematic that also might help you.

  4. #4TorqueRanch2022-11-06 15:01

    Thank you for that. I’ve seen it but it’s hard to track hoses on it. Some of them even disappear in the drawing. I appreciate the help. This is only my second cat I’ve worked on.