Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 279C lack of digging power and intermediate valve noise

terraconequip ยท 2019-09-13 02:00

I have this Valve fitted on my machine which i have been told is not a CAT standard item and the solenoid I am pointing to makes high pitched noise and vibrates under load , Anyone know what this valve could be for and what is my problem , picture link below ? https://ibb.co/g39gDsz Also Boom up down relief Valve is getting hot to touch while keeping it under load , picture link below : https://ibb.co/Xj0dVvN Any Help would be appreciated and to what could be wrong and how I can go about fixing it !!

Replies2
  1. #1Bls repair2019-10-12 17:20

    What additional functions do you have on machine . Hammer,thumb,quick disconnects and so on. Whatever this controls may be on but not functional forcing hydraulics into bypass.

  2. #2Bls repair2019-10-12 18:20

    Whatever that valve controls may be on but not functional causing it to go into bypass . Check solenoid for power ,if you can disconnect it and see what happens