Hi guys,We are interested in switching the CAT 287B rubber tracks to metal ones. We understand this will be a custom solution as CAT dont sell this option. Please drop us some help in this matter.
Check with McLaren Industries. They offer metal track conversions for mini excavators, so they might be able to help you out also. No sprocket change on mini's.
Sell it and buy a 299 with steel tracks. Youll be time and money ahead of the game. I had one with steel tracks. Are you sure thats what you need. It will limit you greatly on what you can run it on. Forget using it anywhere other then in the woods or for heavy earth moving
My first question would be for you to explain exactly what work you plan to do with the machine and why you think you need steel tracks.
I’m fairly certain a 287B has the ASV undercarriage on it, I don’t think it’s even possible to switch it over to steel tracks., You would have to look for a “nine“ series machine (279,289,299)to be able to even think about running steel tracks.