Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D Hydrostatic Output Hose Ports

jrivera ยท 2024-10-24 09:21

I'm working on a 289D TAW11349 and trying to figure out which ports the hoses go in the drive motors. I purchased the service manual and according to the hydraulic schematic there is a P1 and P2 port on the motors, but I'm not seeing where it is physically stamped. How do you tell which hose goes where from the hydrostatic pump to the motors? Long story short, the unit was bought not running and it had gone to two different shops, I was leery on doing the work, but here I am. I have it running now, but the drive is backwards and when I get it to go forward it creeps slowly. I checked that the correct connectors were connected to the correct FWD/RVS solenoids, using the wiring diagram and ruled those out. Now, I know that its plumbed backwards and would be easy to swap the hoses around, but I want to make absolutely sure that I'm hooking up everything correctly.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-10-25 04:49

    The attached illustrations are from the Parts Manual. I don't know if they will be of any help.

  2. #2jrivera2024-10-25 12:00

    Thanks for the breakdown, I ended up swapping C and D, A and B, yesterday that worked for the most part. Now forward, reverse and right work, but no left. The left track creeps forward when joystick is turned left and codes out with unexpected forward travel. Don't recall the exact code, but will get it later today. Was thinking possible calibration of Hystat solenoids and/or joystick. Any thoughts on this?

  3. #3Nige2024-10-25 12:27

    Get the Code first and let's see what that tells us. A re-cal of the FWD/REV pump control solenoids may be in your future.

  4. #4jrivera2025-01-09 09:54

    Just a heads up. Found the right speed sensor was bad, unit drives without coding out. Although the left track still creeps forward. Looks like I will need to do a pressure check on the hydrostatic pump.

  5. #5Nige2025-01-09 10:31

    I don't think it will be pressure-related. What's most likely required is a an electronic calibration of the joystick output signal to the affected hystat drive pump solenoid (LH FWD) command. To perform that will require Cat ET. While whoever is in there are working it would be advantageous to calibrate all four functions - both sides FWD & REV.