Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 287B Hydraulic issue while driving forward and turning right

drizzoli ยท 2016-05-24 18:09

Hello, I recently bought a used 2004 287B and have noticed a few issues with it. The one main issue is that sometimes when driving ahead at full speed then trying to turn slightly to the right, the skid steer slows down and the back-up alarm will come on, then if I let go of the joysitck and drive forward, reverse or turn right or left there are no issues, its only when driving ahead and trying to turn slightly to the right....any ideas?? The other issue I had but cant replicate anymore is that I was able to raise the work tool, and tilt both ways, but sometimes when lowering it, the work tool would come down a bit then i could feel a click in the joystick and then no functions on the right joystick would work until i drove the skid steer ahead or back, which would then let me use some functions on the work tool, and sometimes when lowering the work tool it would drop fast then slow down. I did notice these issues right after giving the unit a good washing so maybe some moisture got into an connection? Might explain why it is not doing it anymore?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1Mark2502016-05-24 19:08

    hi, For the travel issue i would suggest that the resolver valves are leaking in your travel pilot valve as shown below as for the other issue I would wait and see how it goes

  2. #2drizzoli2016-05-24 21:18

    Thank you Mark250, I will look into it for sure.

  3. #3drizzoli2016-06-07 18:16

    Hi Mark, I had the pilot valve switched out and that corrected the problem. Thanks!

  4. #4Mark2502016-06-07 20:28

    glad I cold help Mark

  5. #5Cat.man2021-02-28 17:26

    Is there anyway to check if the resolver is really leaking? Have similar issue with delay in turning right in 257b3.

  6. #6antpoo2023-10-07 05:01

    Did you find an answer to this question? Or your problem?