Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 287b seat beltl and park brake inop

guardian wrench ยท 2019-08-21 20:29

I am new to this site so bare with me . I have a 287b that I can not get the seat and park brake light to go out . This is what I have done so far located both ecms removed and check for corrosion does not appear to be any have also ran every single wire one by one after finding a mouse best in the left joy stick . After repairing those wires the machine will not start unless you jump across lap bar switch after it is running the lap bar light flashes and brake light stays solid I am at my wit's end with the thing I could really use some help in what direction I should go in next . Thanks in advance for any input someone has .

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2019-08-21 20:39

    Lap bar has 3 wires Seat switch has two Schematic. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw2K1JtSedAHt9RojLNsxJJb

  2. #2guardian wrench2019-08-21 21:10

    You are correct my mistake been looking and checking so many wires and plugs forgot it only had three I will run this schematic and see where it gets me thanks for the reply