Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 287b two speed not working

juner ยท 2013-03-08 21:04

I cant get my two speed to work any ideas

Replies7
  1. #102Dmax2013-03-08 22:10

    Fuse, joystick switch, wiring harness, wiring plug. Check electrical stuff first.

  2. #2juner2013-03-11 14:19

    I have check all the fuses they are all good, I also checked the switch in the joystick with my ohmmeter which is also good. The wires from the switch are green amd grey i dont have a wiring diagram but i suspect the switch is wired to a relay that controls a solenoid valve.The problem now is which relay and solenoid do I test?

  3. #302Dmax2013-03-11 20:30

    I'm really not sure on that part, might see if you can see which wire energizes at the relays when you hit the switch.

  4. #4juner2013-03-19 18:27

    Anybody have electrical diagrams for this

  5. #5Nige2013-03-20 11:20

    PM me with your Serial Number and an e-mail address. I'll send you the wiring schematic.

  6. #6The Peej2013-03-20 11:44

    Are you sure the machine has two speed? It will have the trigger on the joystick and list two speed on the description decal even if it doesn't have two speed. I didn't think 287b's were offered in two speed but they use the same cab as a wheeled skid steer that dose.

  7. #7juner2013-03-20 21:30

    Yes the Peej it has trigger on joystick and also as the rabbit light for two speed operation