Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 289c gauges help

bobz71 ยท 2013-12-18 20:54

hELLO ALL, I NEED A LITTLE help with a CAT 289c skidsteer i have. it starts and runs but none of the gauges or idiot lights work, anyone have any ides , i have checked all the fuses nothing obvious.

Replies7
  1. #1durallymax2013-12-18 21:42

    Did you check the fuses behind the cab?

  2. #2bobz712013-12-18 23:14

    I didnt yet but i will do that tomorrow and let you know thanks

  3. #3durallymax2013-12-19 00:24

    Should be able to reach them from the right side below hydro sight gauge. If nothing else you can always flip the cab.

  4. #4bobz712013-12-19 08:17

    Checked em all none blown, now im wondering if its a harness loose or an ecm problem or something teally simple im missing.

  5. #5Nige2013-12-19 10:39

    If you want the electrical schematic then make one more post and send me a PM (you need 4 posts minimum to send PMs) with your full Serial Number and an e-mail address that I can send it to.

  6. #6bobz712013-12-19 12:56

    Ok thank you, can you tell me where that number would be located? Is it on the engine or is it like the VIN number or is it different?

  7. #7Nige2013-12-19 14:08

    Actually what I need are the last 8 characters of the 17-digit VIN Number. The options for a 289C are JMP, M2S, or RTD, each followed by 5 digits.