Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 289c main pressure relief valve

RPD ยท 2020-08-04 20:08

I am working on a 289c2 and have low pump pressure. I am not able to find the main relief valve to try and turn it up. Any help how to adjust main relief pressure. I have found Aux., tilt, and lift line reliefs. Just can't find the main relief to adjust. Pressure now is 2750 and I need to be at 3340.

Replies19
  1. #1DEMLONE702020-08-05 15:00

    Serial number ?

  2. #2Nige2020-08-05 15:48

    As above - S/N.? Hours on the machine would also be useful info. Another thing. I wouldn't suggest to go playing with relief valve settings until you've cut open the hydraulic filter and inspected it for debris resulting from wear or damage to the pump. Changes to the relief setting could potentially cause a catastrophic pump failure.

  3. #3RPD2020-08-05 20:01
  4. #4RPD2020-08-05 20:09

    Control valve pt # 3361325. I know there was 2 different ones.

  5. #5RPD2020-08-05 20:11
  6. #6RPD2020-08-08 09:18

    Any Idea on the relief valve for this machine?

  7. #7RPD2020-08-08 09:21

    S/n is RTD00680 hours are 4231. I just need to know where the adjustment for main relief pressure is.

  8. #8Nige2020-08-08 09:37

    Without the S/N it would be difficult to guarantee the information. Here's the procedure. I still think you're potentially missing a trick by not doing a hydraulic filter cut before going in with tools twirling to adjust the MRV. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found it full of brass shavings.

  9. #9RPD2020-08-08 09:47

    I had already cut filters. Normal wear metals in it. Nothing excessive. I am not some joe just going in and twirling. I worked for Cat for 15 years and now on my own. I also posted the pics of the main control valve and part number of it.

  10. #10RPD2020-08-08 09:48

    RTD00680 is the S/N

  11. #11Nige2020-08-08 09:57

    The fact that you hadn't mentioned in any of your posts about doing a filter cut I felt obliged to ask. Let us know how it works out.

  12. #12Mark2502020-08-08 19:38

    according to the serial number that is XPS highflow machine which is a completely different testing procedure There is no main relief valve in the control valve

  13. #13RPD2020-08-08 19:57

    Ok is it adjusted through load sensing or do I need E.T.

  14. #14Mark2502020-08-08 19:59
  15. #15RPD2020-08-08 20:33

    Do you have the adjustment procedure?

  16. #16Mark2502020-08-09 01:48

    try this

  17. #17RPD2020-08-09 10:21

    Thank you

  18. #18RPD2020-08-17 15:58

    Thank you Mark250 that let me take care of it.

  19. #19Mark2502020-08-17 19:59

    glad I was able to help