Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What can you guys tell me about tl Takeuchi track loaders.

Johndough ยท 2020-08-04 22:26

I was wondering what you guys could tell me about Takeuchi TL trackloaders. Seems like there are some lower houred machines for decent prices. Try doing digging on my own and found some threads that said the undercarriage is week and expensive to work on, but those as pretty old threads. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2020-08-04 22:34

    Electrical needs a little more attention than competitors. I've taken my TL150s out to near 10k hours. No undercarriage complaints. I modified the fuel pickup and water separator to extend service intervals. Overall, a 9 outta 10, just like my Kubota SVLs.

  2. #2Mark132020-08-05 14:53

    They'll be about the toughest ctl you can get imo. The older TL100/200 series are pretty basic machines but strong and durable. One thing to watch for with used Tak ctls and mini excavators is it might be a former United Rentals machine, they have tons of them and I see them for sale all the time. I have 3k hours on my TL230, aside from normal maintenance its needed a battery, gas struts for the cab door, 1 track roller, and a set of tracks. It'll get new tracks and new sprockets in the next 2-300hrs I'm guessing.

  3. #3Johndough2020-08-05 15:33

    What are your thoughts of these tekeuchi trackloader that are in Wylie Texas on machinerytrader.

  4. #4Mark132020-08-05 19:36

    I'm not sure what size you're looking for but a quick search showed me some TL130 and TL150 machines there and they all look run hard and put away wet. They've certainly been run hard.