Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 289c2 aux thumb wheel

Catguy17 · 2024-01-25 12:08

dose anyone know if or where I could buy a replacement thumb wheel for a cat 289c2 ? Mine is not working properly I’ve check the magnet and this is not the problem I believe somthing in the switch is broken is there somewhere I can just get the thumb wheel or am I stuck buying the joystick?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-01-25 14:47

    You're stuck buying a new joystick handle I'm afraid. The thumbwheel switch is not available separately. The most common failure mode is that the magnet falls apart. It is surprising that yours is intact. Have you checked the voltage output from the switch in the centre, rear, & forward positions.? If so please post some numbers. See this THREAD for more details.

  2. #2Catguy172024-01-25 15:08

    My thumb wheel works just sometimes it will lock the aux on in one direction almost as if I have pressed the continuous flow button I have to move the wheel up or down a bit to get it to stop magnet looks perfect

  3. #3Nige2024-01-25 15:15

    You need to talk to the expert when it comes to that thumbwheel - @quiksilvr Send him a PM might be the quickest way to get his attention.