hi guys need help My 289d Hydraulics are not working machine starts runs fine Arm and bucket control not working or travel
Check the coupler, pilot lockout, seat / arm switch, codes
I’ll take a look even the Hydraulic fan is not working no hydraulic functions
Sounds like the pump drive is out. Raise the cab and install a gauge on the main control valve. You will need a long lead on your gauge so that you can lower the cab and have it with you inside. Then start up like normal arm bar down. If you have no pressure then the pump drive has failed.
Thanks Paul hope your wrong That sounds expensive think I’m going to bring it in to the CAT dealer
Its less expensive than replacing your pumps. When you said that your fan isn't working, that really is a sign that the pump drive has stripped. Good luck.
Well to give you an idea of what's involved first remove engine as shown in the following: Not 100% sure this applies to machine as you only gave the model number, see if your serial number prefix is in the list on the first two pages!
I have done all the b and c models by just pulling hyd pumps back enough to replace coupling. At least 6 hour job .
I thought that you could do it that way. Its been a while since I seen one. That would be the route I would take rather than sending it to cat and getting a 5k bill.
Yes many times there are easier ways to do things than the "factory" way! I'm guessing that a dealer would quote and charge going by the "factory" method even if the guy in the shop can do it in half the time!
They show unique tool to get pump bolts out.
That does look less user friendly with mounts on the flange . I leave the 2 pump bolts in the flange and remove flange bolts so you wouldnt need special tool . Looking at parts this one will probably take longer then the c model . probably need to create some special words for this job.
Just checked the price on that 387-9124 tool $165.10! I bet one could chop off a box end (ring spanner) and weld a nut or spare socket to it and do the same job for a bit less money! Probably a good use for a Harbor Fright wrench or two!
I think you'll find that even if you remove the pumps, you'll be thwarted by the bulkhead and a rubber shield between the engine compartment and pump house. IMO, engine removal is best. That is, if you decide the problem is definitely the coupling.