Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 289D Engine Removal Thread

FLYWHEEL PRIME ยท 2024-07-01 21:42

I wanted to post some videos as I progress through my engine removal and rebuild of a 2016 CAT 289D. I bought this machine used through Ritchie Bros auction for an absolute steal, it was (still is) in pretty rough shape, but is fully functional. I spent a good amount of time reading up on this forum and others before I finally found the time to yank everything and get it done. Big thanks to @Nige for a lot of documentation and help both in random threads and DMs. Some of the schematics you shared would be impossible for me to find otherwise.

Replies12
  1. #1FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-01 21:43

    Pt 1

  2. #2FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-01 21:43

    Pt 2

  3. #3FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-01 21:44

    Pt 3

  4. #4FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-02 20:46

    Pt 4

  5. #5FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-02 20:46

    Pt 5

  6. #6FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-02 21:02

    Pt 6

  7. #7FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-02 21:03

    Pt 7

  8. #8FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-04 09:39

    Pt 8

  9. #9FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-04 09:40

    Pt 9

  10. #10FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-04 09:40

    Pt 10

  11. #11FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-04 09:41

    Pt 11

  12. #12FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-04 09:42

    Pt 12