Recently purchased a Cat 289D and the ride control kit was missing. My dealer installed the kit but it does a weird thing when operating. Specifically, when you go above or below the set speed for actuation, the bucket drops or raises slightly. My question is, is that normal?? Thanks
My CASE machines do that. It is normal.
I think it happens when the solenoid opens the loader circuit to the nitrogen accumulator.
That is normal.
It's normal. All of ours do it...
Thanks to all for the info! First chance I got to see how ride control really works was today. I had a load in the bucket, hit some bumps and expected to thrown out of the cab. It simply sucked up the bumps and gently went up and down, hardly spilling anything.
The CAT ride control is an awesome feature., the comfort of the machine is amazing in my opinion. I can run it all day and get out feeling great. Unlike some of the others I have owned in the past. The D series CAT is everything a person would want or need in a CTL......What do you think of it so fat ? Always intetested in what others have yo say about their equipment...
I just picked up a new 262d last Friday, my first cat. I only have about 20 hours on it but so far it seems to be way more comfortable and quieter than anything I have run yet. It took next to nothing to learn the controls coming from hand and foot controls in the bobcats we always ran. It seems to do noticeably better pushing material and digging in the little I have done with it so far. Glad I was given a reason to look for a different brand of machine or I probably would have never tried one of these out because bobcat was so close. It is also way better on fuel than our Doosan powered s650 was!
I have been ordering my SSL with Ride Control since 99. Worth every penny. The productivity increase you see with it is pretty significant. It allows you to take advantage of higher ground speeds and keeps the operator from getting beat up. I also believe that it reduces the stress on the machine.
I only have a few hours on the machine and I can't get over how easy it is to grade with them. I have about 5,000+ hours on a dozer and all I did for the first 500 was make a mess. I think you could train a monkey to grade with these. Can't wait to see how it goes at a couple hundred hours. My gravel driveway has never looked better.
Hello Everyone! I have a cat 262D skid steer. And the ride control does not work anymore but there are no fuses blown. What would be the next thing to check out. Tia
Check nitrogen charge on accumulator.
Does your machine have the Advanced Display in the RH side of the cab, or just the standard one.? What's the Serial Number.?
It does have advanced display. But it doesn’t show any codes. In fact it does t light up the indicator for ride control. I will get the serial number from machine later today when I’m at the shop
Thanks, so where would I find the accumulator?
Here....... Ref #4. It will require special tooling (nitrogen charging kit) to check the nitrogen precharge pressure
I think that my 289D has this feature but I have no clue how to use it. Any suggested reading or watching on how this whole thing works? I have no idea what a nitrogen accumulator does.
The operation manual is usually a good start. I take it you don’t have one.?
Correct, I got this thing for a steal off of IronPlanet, no manual, no instructions, had to bring my own key lol.
And all the pictures on the toggle switches are worn off, so I'm constantly playing a game of "what does this do?"
Post your Serial Number. I can figure out the correct Reference Number of the O&M Manual. It'll have all you need plus all the info for preventive maintenance. Manuals are arounf $50.
CAT0289DETAW02596
This is what you need. Covers all 289D with S/N prefix TAW. This company produces manuals for Cat so it is genuine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314227784064?hash=item49296f7980:g:o8AAAOSwcCpgCJxO
Much appreciated. Now I have to figure out how the hell I will get it off the CD, I have 7 computers at my disposal and not a single one has a CD reader on it. Sign of the times.
I would normally have suggested a direct pdf download, but when I checked it was $119 compared to the $70 for the CD.
Yes it has advanced display and the serial number is DTB05488
Same O&M Manual SEBU9084 as above. Again it appears that a $70 CD from this provider (must be a special offer) is significantly cheaper than a $119 pdf download from Cat. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314233583834?hash=item4929c7f8da:g:o8AAAOSwcCpgCJxO