Need ideas on removing concrete residue in skid steer bucket after some duumy failed to wash out bucket after hauling concrete
Depends on how thick it is and how much it cured before it dried out. If it's real light a pressure washer with turbo nozzle might do it. Wire brush wheel on an angle grinder, needle scaler, pneumatic hammer, jack hammer, grenade... Tilting it back, filling with water and letting it freeze helps sometimes, but that might be a long wait.
For a thin layer of concrete a needle scaler works very well and doesn't create as much concrete dust as a wire wheel brush.
If it's a thin layer or even thin and thick in spots, simply just keep using the bucket as you normally would and it will wear itself off pretty darn quick due to every day use and the sanding effect of dirt going into and out of the bucket.....it's a construction machine after all and a little concrete in or on the bucket isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.....Right ? :duh:duh
PAfarmer is right, it will eventually wear out, but if it were mine I'd want it out too just because the fact that any material that is at all moist or sticky will constantly stick to the bucket and I find that incredibly annoying....you could also try scooping up buckets of rock and shaking them in the bucket, that would also loosen up a bunch of the concrete
I realize that the concrete residue will not actually harm anything but I really like for my equipment to look good. I am known for this fact locally and it really helps in future resale.
http://www.liquidhammer.com/ Only read about it, never tried it. d.d.
Ha ha....my buddies used to call me "AR" for..anal retentive so I know how you feel about your stuff, I got over it once I needed 25 hours in. Day and 8 days in a week ...try keeping a few dozen machines plus a half a dozen pickups and a bunch of Tri axles and a few tandems all looking great....forget about it ....Life is too short to sweat the small stuff my man...
Undiluted muratic acid in a hand style pump up weed sprayer. Safety goggles and rubber gloves are mandatory. I have done it and it works well.
A BFH works the best and if the residue is not thick enough to use a hammer on it will wear off in time.You just need to be careful not to do more damage than you have now.I worked around concrete mixers for many,many years and guess what we often did on rainy days?Yeah....tires too.24" rubber on those big Macks. You can dislodge the bulk of the hard stuff from the outside but you needed to be careful not to dent the drum as that now becomes a high wear area with the aggregate turning in the mixer.I always considered that equipment too clean was not being used.Ron G