Where is the seat safety switch located on a289d. Tawo3183
Inside the seat cushion. Are you still battling a "no crank" or "crank no start" condition.? If so I can tell you that the seat switch has nothing to do with engine starting. It is only a part of the safety circuit for the hydrotstatic drive system.
Well it may not have anything to do with the starting but when I fixed it the machine cranked right up. Runs fine now. Thanks again for the help.
Thanks for the feedback. The only thing I can think of right now is that something in the software of the ECM will register a fault condition that inhibits starting if there is no continuity in the seat switch circuit. What that is I don’t know but I’m going to dig into it and see what I can find. According to the schematic both the lap bar switch and seat switch are inputs to the hystat drive system lockout.
This is all that is written regarding the seat switch that I can find. There is no reference tp the start system. You may have come across a situation that is not covered in the manuals. They are not guaranteed to be 100% correct all the time. Very good info for the future. Again, thank you. Seat Switch The switch is located within the operator seat. The connector for the switch is located beneath the seat. The switch tells the ECM that the operator is in the seat. The switch is a momentary, normally open switch. When the seat is occupied, the switch is closed. The seat switch is in series with the armrest switch. When both the normally open contact for the armrest and the seat switch are closed, pin J2-71 (wire G985-PU(Purple)) of the ECM will be grounded. If the armrest siwtch is indicating that it is in the down position, and the seat becomes unoccupied, the ECM will wait for 3 seconds before the operator is considered not present. If the inputs are invalid, the operator will be considered not present, and the indicator will be illuminated.