Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 297d

tbmntx · 2025-11-06 17:02

I recently serviced my machine with oil and filter change, hydraulic filter and oil change and fuel filter change. I got in today and started it. It was slow turning over at first but did start. I released the park brake but there is another red icon at the top of the screen. I can move the machine in all directions but can not raise the arms. I turned it off and restarted and get a fault code for CAN data link lost. Now the park brake light and the other icon are illuminated. When I release the brake the light stays on but I can move the machine but still can’t move the arms. I’m very new to working with a multi terrain track loader. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2025-11-06 17:08

    Start with a machine Serial Number please, and follow it up with some photos of the icons/Codes/Events you have showing on the screen. It sounds like you have the Advanced Display which makes things a lot easier.

  2. #2tbmntx2025-11-08 10:21

    Serial number is BE700208.

  3. #3Nige2025-11-08 12:58

    Attached the test procedure for the CAN Datalink, which by your first photo appears not to be Active at this time. Maybe you will have to wait for it to come up again before it can be satisfactorily diagnosed.

  4. #4tbmntx2025-11-08 15:20

    Any ideas on the red icon to the right of the park break icon?

  5. #5Deimos2025-11-08 15:30

    9 - Work Tool System This alert indicator will light red when the work tool lockout control is activated. This alert indicator will light amber when the interlock override is activated.

  6. #6Mobiltech2025-11-08 16:27

    Sounds like the cab door is open. Or the bypass wire for it is unplugged.

  7. #7tbmntx2025-11-12 09:42

    Thank you

  8. #8tbmntx2025-11-12 09:44

    Door is closed and lap bars are down. The brake will release and I can move the machine. I’ll look for the bypass wire.

  9. #9Nige2025-11-12 12:58

    Should be an electrical connector CONN 14 on the LH side of the cab floor just behind the operator seat. The jumper harness should be zip tied to it.

  10. #10tbmntx2025-11-17 13:59

    Thank you guys for all the help! It was an electrical problem. There is a hydraulic override/lockout switch on the upper right near the advanced display. Connection was loose, probably related to where the panel had been pulled when the screen was replaced. I appreciate y’all helping me get my brain wrapped around it.

  11. #11tbmntx2025-11-17 14:39

    Thank you guys for all the help! It was an electrical problem. There is a hydraulic override/lockout switch on the upper right near the advanced display. Connection was loose, probably related to where the panel had been pulled when the screen was replaced. I appreciate y’all helping me get my brain wrapped around it.